Applications of ReZcare
|Request a Demo|
ReZcare is effective in all size facilities - from small skilled nursing facilities and stand alone assisted living communities, to large multiple-building CCRC campuses that offer independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing and dementia care. ReZcare can be installed to replace obsolete systems that can no longer be maintained, and it can be installed as an overlay to existing systems to integrate existing life safety systems.
There are a variety of circumstances that often prompt a call for on site assessment and development of a customized system.
Among them are:
1) The operator of a 90 bed skilled nursing facility with an existing hard-wired nurse call system needs to garner more information about staff response times. Additionally residents moving about the facility have no means to call for aid unless they are situated next to a wall mounted call station.
Many old hardwired nurse call systems work well, but provide no ability to log information and provide reports. In many cases the ReZcare system can integrate with the existing nurse call system and add reporting as well as notification for staff. The ReZcare Wireless Nurse Call can also be added to provide pendants for residents who are able to leave their rooms.
2) The hardwired system in my Independent and assisted living facility lacks an ability to track calls for aide from my active resident population. Staff have to physically track them down each day to just confirm they are up and moving, and return to an office to see if there are active calls for aid in process.
Installing a ReZcare Wireless Nurse Call system allows for a complete wireless replacement of the old system. The resident check-in system provides a tool for automatic checking on the activity of residents.Administrators may select from a variety of mechanisms and determine which is most appropriate for their resident/patient population while fulfilling all regulatory requirements. Additionally pendants can be offered to independent and /or assisted living residents. ReZcare Locate can enhance the system by identifying where a resident is when they call for assistance. Caregivers can utilize two-way radios to receive notification messages from the system and communicate with each other to coordinate care. Administrators can benefit from automated activity reports to track response times and staff work load.
3) We are adding a memory care unit to our skilled nursing facility.
Installing SigmaGard system with ReZcare provides an safe and secure system to lock down entry doors when wandering residents approach and sound the alarm if the door opens. ReZcare provides notification to all assigned staff using the same devices as the nurse call system, and records each event for full activity reporting. ReZcare system can also be integrated in this manner with the existing life safety systems at independent and assisted living communities.
4) Our new campus will include a full continuum of care, so we operate under several sets of regulations.
On a CCRC campus, a number of options exist to ensure regulatory compliance across multiple levels of care. ReZcare Wireless Nurse Call would be installed for independent and assisted living areas. ReZcare Informer stations would be installed at all nurse stations for full visibility of activity in each area. Aiphone Nurse Call would be installed in the nursing care area to meet UL requirements. Caregivers will use ReZcare Mobile for notification and activity monitoring. Administrators will benefit from scheduled reports of all system activity in the facility.
5) The manufacturer of my nurse call system is no longer in business.
This is a very common predicament that brings people to SMD. Our professional staff will start by conducting an onsite assessment, and work with you to determine which components of an existing system to can be integrated with ReZcare to bring your facility/community up to date with a working system that can be maintained by our team of trained technicians.
43 Warehouse Point Road
Wallingford, Ct 06492
Toll free 1-800-899-7264
Copyright © 2017 SMD, Inc. All rights reserved.